The key purpose of this role is to lead the studio team in fulfilling our mission of “Becoming the fashionable way to connect and express emotions through the act of giving” as well achieving our values, goals, and objectives. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the studio’s success including the finance, operations, people, and marketing functions.
This newly created role will be responsible for helping the team to understand the context of their contribution to the business and how they contribute to our overall success. Experience in leading a team with varying levels of experience through change will be critical to the success of the role.
The position requires a strong leader with the ability to:
- Manage change
- Dealing with competing priorities throughout each day
- Assist with regular internal communication
- Day to day problem solving
- Continuously improve processes, procedures, and systems.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Studio cost controls
- Labour cost management to budgets
- Oversee stocktakes as required
- Ensure all purchases and documentation is properly recorded.
- Ensure all Fig & Bloom Policies, Procedures and standards are followed
- Identify and suggest processes, procedures and systems that need to be improved
- Solve day to day problems as they arise
- Manage ordering, inventory, and wastage
- Maintain studio appearance
- Ensure quality control standards are maintained
- Ensure customer deliveries are timely and efficient
- Regular communication with staff and management
- Regular reporting on performance and KPI’s.
- Achieve Fig & Bloom’s values, goals, and objectives through our staff
- Set goals for the team, to achieve agreed targets
- Regular 1:1 meeting
- Assist with staff training and assessment
- Rostering of production staff
- Managing staff recruitment, progression and exit (when necessary)
- Hiring & firing studio staff
- Maintaining teamwork and morale in the studio.
- Support Customer service and retails specialists
- Ensure client inquiries and issues are dealt with quickly and professionally
- Ensure retail space and displays are set up as planned and agreed.
- Studio meeting budgets and KPIs, and management is kept up to date
- All studio invoices correctly entered on time
- Studio running smoothly and to management expectations
- Maximized level of studio productivity and quality
- Continual improvement of systems, processes, and procedures
- Achievement of Fig & Bloom vales, goals, and objectives
- High level of staff morale and engagement
- Staff trained to expected levels
- Minimal outstanding client issues
- A customer focus attitude.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a fast moving, changing workplace
- Prior experience in financial management
- Prior experience in operations management
- Proven communication and reporting skills
- Prior experience in leading a diverse team
- Proven record of managing successful teams and achieving targets.